You have probably shopped for these ingredients in the past, but here you’ll get to know why you should buy them more often; you’ll also become inspired on how to prepare them quickly and simply healthy food . These 25 ingredients top my list of favorites. You’ll find out 5 quick facts about how each ingredient can boost your health and make you feel much better.
1. LEAFY GREENS AND EDIBLE WEEDS
For me, it’s a dream to walk barefoot in the garden, pick my own leaves, and mix them into my morning smoothie. It’s real energy that comes straight from nature, without me having to plant, water, or fertilize anything—I only have to harvest. And feel the energy! You can do exactly the same thing, even if you live in an urban area. Just go to the nearest park and start picking, but make sure to rinse the leaves thoroughly as soon as you get home.
Adding different types of leafy greens to your daily plate can make an enormous difference to your health. At times when picking wild leaves isn’t possible, you’ll find several kinds of greens at your nearest grocery store, such as arugula, spinach, romaine lettuce, and Swiss chard healthy food .
Ground elder (Bishop’s Weed), common nettle, Lady’s Mantle, broadleaf plantain, dandelion, and field horsetail are examples of health-boosting, wild, raw ingredients.
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT LEAFY GREENS
1. To fill up on chlorophyll, which is said to purify and detoxify the blood.
2. To feel more relaxed! Green leaves contain the important mineral magnesium; magnesium deficiency can lead you to feeling down in the dumps, and also brings on muscle cramps.
3. You’ll get all the essential amino acids; the leaves are also a source of complete protein.
4. To build stronger bones! Green leaves contain Vitamin K, which reduces the risk of developing osteoporosis.
5. Weeds grown in the wild contain a wide spectrum of nutrients, including a higher content of what are called biophotons.
Kale is not just for Christmas anymore—demand for this vegetable has increased year-round. Switch it up with some black cabbage (palm cabbage), a good substitute for kale since it has the same properties and health benefits as kale. Massage and toss the cabbage with some olive oil, salt, and lemon, or add it to a smoothie or juice, or enjoy it with a creamy dressing. The main thing is that you eat your kale healthy food !
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT KALE
1. It provides you with chlorophyll, which keeps your body alkaline.
2. It is rejuvenating. It contains Vitamin C, which protects our skin from wrinkles.
3. It is rich in the antioxidants Vitamin A, C, and E, which counteract inflammation.
4. To keep yourself healthy! Kale has anti-bacterial properties.
5. To get smarter! Research has shown that kale’s high content of folate (natural folic acid) makes it easier for us to learn and retain information.
Super boost when you are older
As you age, your metabolism slows down, osteoporosis sets in, and your appetite might fade. While each gram of superfood provides nutrition, leafy greens lead the way in protecting you against osteoporosis. Fiber keeps you regular, and raw ingredients provide delicious flavors that stimulate the appetite. That the recipes are simple to follow and loaded with nutrients will make you go from simply retired to energetically retired!
When you grow your own sprouts, you end up with organic and almost free food that is both local and homegrown. Alfalfa, green lentils, mung beans, beluga lentils, and broccoli seeds are examples of seeds, beans, and lentils that are great for sprouting healthy food .
It’s a treat to cultivate sprouts at home in your own kitchen! I’m fascinated by how such a small seed can turn into a sprout—a sprout that will make me happier, sunnier, and healthier.
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT SPROUTS
1. Sprouts have high enzyme activity, which gives life force.
2. They contain all the essential amino acids.
3. They keep the digestive system working. Sprouts are packed with fiber.
4. They are rich in potassium, a mineral that affects both muscle and nerve function.
5. Sprouts can be seen as a catalyst in the body, because they help the body absorb nutrients.
HOW TO SPROUT
It’s easy to grow your own sprouts—and they’re tasty. As you go from seed stage to sprout, the nutrients and enzyme activity that helps us break down food and absorb other nutrients increases. It’s also healthy for your wallet to grow sprouts at home. There are special sprouting boxes you can buy at the health food store or online. A sprouting box makes the task simple and could be a good investment if you intend to grow a lot of sprouts. This is how it’s done:
1. Use about 1½ fl oz (1 dl) seeds/beans with approximately 2 cups (5 dl) water. Measure 2 tablespoons of seeds/beans per 2 cups (5 dl) water if you’re sprouting smaller seeds such as alfalfa, garlic, or radish seeds.
2. Soak the seeds/beans for about 8 to 12 hours. (Smaller seeds like alfalfa only require 4 hours’ soaking). Drain the water and rinse the seeds/beans thoroughly in a fine mesh sieve.
3. Place the seeds/beans in glass jar or bowl.
4. Cover the container to block out the light to the seeds/beans, but don’t make it airtight. You can use a kitchen towel, for example, or place the seeds/beans in a dark cupboard.
5. Rinse the seeds/beans with lukewarm water at least once per day. Let them drain thoroughly each time.
6. When the sprouts’ tails begin to emerge, they can continue to grow in daylight. This usually takes about 3 to 5 days, depending on the variety.
7. Store the sprouts in the refrigerator; they will keep for at least 5 days. Continue to rinse the sprouts once a day.
Our Swedish carrot can do a lot for your health! To me, the carrot is a daily life saver—if I have a bag of carrots in the refrigerator I can quickly throw together something to eat, or blend some freshly squeezed carrot juice with an avocado healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT CARROTS
1. For sharper vision! The beta carotene improves your eyesight.
2. To look better! Carrots brings fresh tone to your skin.
3. The carrot’s fibers (if you don’t simply drink the juice) prevent constipation.
4. The green carrot tops have the same amazing nutritional value as leafy greens. Juice them or add them to a smoothie.
5. Carrots are bacteria and virus inhibitors.
Do cucumbers seem like an unnecessary expense? Because it’s mostly water that you buy? Well, that’s not the whole story. Cucumbers contribute much to your health and your body. In summertime you can bring a cooler full of cucumbers to the beach to avoid getting hooked on the ice cream lure healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT CUCUMBERS
1. Their high water and silicone content will give you a lustrous complexion. Even your hair and nails will get a beauty shot.
2. In an afternoon slump? Eat a cucumber. It provides minerals and vitamins such as potassium, calcium, iron, zinc, and B vitamins. The nutrients and water will make you more alert.
3. Are you craving sweets? A cucumber could be the solution.
4. Cucumbers provide you with necessary fluid. They rehydrate the body with a liquid containing the perfect balance of minerals and salts.
5. They’re ideal for weight loss! A cucumber contains few calories and no sugar. Enjoy them to your heart’s content when you want to lose weight.
An avocado and a cucumber along with some fruit can make an entire meal when I have one foot out the door. With avocado, you can assemble a variety of different meals very quickly: chocolate mousse, soup, a bowl, raw food ice cream . . . avocado is also the perfect baby food healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT AVOCADOS
1. The good fats lubricate you from the inside and make your skin softer.
2. They cleanse you of fat-soluble poisons that collect in the body.
3. Vitamin E makes your skin tight and smooth.
4. Their electrolytes restore the body’s mineral balance and give you more stamina.
5. Avocado has an alkaline effect on the body. An alkaline body is a healthier body.
Each ingredient has either an acidifying or alkaline effect on the body. To simplify, we can say that animal products, coffee and tea, processed foods, sugar, and white flour are all acidifying to the body, whereas fresh fruits and vegetables, super-powders, and seeds have an alkaline effect. We must unburden the body and help it retain its alkaline environment; we do this by eating wholesome foods.
Mango is sold fresh, frozen, and dried; my favorite kind of mango is the dried variety. I like it because, when soaked, it helps add the right creaminess for smoothies, mylkshakes, and ice cream. It’s also the most environmentally friendly type of mango available at the grocery store. You can use frozen mango in the same way, but you’ll need to defrost it if you don’t want a frosted smoothie healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT MANGOES
1. Mango is a delight for the gut! Its fibers keep you regular, and provide feelings of satiety.
2. It has good sweetening power! Mango is sweet, but it does not elevate blood sugar significantly due to its fiber content.
3. It is rich in Vitamins A, C, and E, which strengthen the immune system.
4. It maintains kidney function and helps cleanse the body.
5. Mango’s level of beta carotene is good for your eyes’ health.
There are many seeds in pomegranates and it’s a bit of a mess to get them all out. My tip is to cut the pomegranate in half and squeeze the peel until it’s soft, and then turn the peel inside out. Remove any remaining white pieces of peel. You can also strike the peel with the back of a spoon, over a bowl, and the pips will come loose and fall out. Or you can opt for the easy way: buy the pomegranate frozen! Pomegranates work well both in savory dishes and sweets, and makes a delicious topping for a bowl healthy food .
TOP 5 REASON WHY YOU SHOULD EAT POMEGRANATES
1. Here you’ll find more flavonoids than in green tea, cacao, and red wine. Flavonoids are antioxidants that protect the heart and blood vessels.
2. They can repair damage caused by high cholesterol.
3. They protect against dementia—one of the pomegranate’s beneficial properties is that it scours the blood vessels.
4. They offer natural sun protection—their antioxidants protect your skin against the sun’s rays.
5. Research has shown that the super-antioxidants present in pomegranates might have a protective effect against certain forms of cancer.
9. GOJI BERRIES
Goji berries originated in China, but these days they’re grown even in Sweden. For thousands of years Chinese medicine has thought them to have rejuvenating properties. Taking one tablespoon of goji berries per day can provide the necessary amount of some nutrients we need daily to achieve optimal heath. The red color comes from the berries’ high content of carotenoids, which are antioxidants healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT GOJI BERRIES
1. They are rich in iron; iron deficiency can make us feel tired. Women may need extra iron, especially during their childbearing years.
2. To improve your eyesight! Goji berries are said to contain more beta carotene than carrots.
3. They are rich in magnesium and the essential nutrient thiamine, which can improve the quality of your sleep.
4. To be as healthy as a goji berry! Forget your multivitamin, and eat goji berries every day instead.
5. To stay young longer! Goji berries’ high level of antioxidants will help you fight premature aging.
Blueberries are one of our Nordic superfoods that we can pick, free of charge, in all our pine forests. Since many of us do not take the time to venture out into nature to collect these blue jewels, we should be grateful that they can be found in the frozen foods aisle, or freeze-dried, or in powder form, at the grocery store. The blueberry is a fruit we can derive much benefit from by eating it several times a week , healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT BLUEBERRIES
1. It’s good for your skin!
2. For improved circulation! Blueberries contain compounds that boost blood circulation.
3. To have fewer cravings for sweets! Blueberries stabilize blood sugar levels.
4. You’ll have a happy gut! Eat blueberries together with probiotics, since they fight inflammation in the digestive tract.
5. To see better in the dark! Compounds in blueberries improve night vision.
These berries are small, red, and very tart, so why on earth should we eat them? Aside from the health aspect, they impart freshness if you combine them with something sweet, and their tartness adds zip to any salad or cooked entrée. Why not make a Nordic salsa with cranberries, mango, avocado, and parsley? I make raw jam with either fresh or frozen cranberries mixed with coconut palm sugar or xylitol, healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT CRANBERRIES
1. Research shows that if fat and cranberries are eaten at the same meal, the body will not absorb the fat.
2. To steady blood sugar levels! Cranberries are tart, which is a sign that they won’t spike blood sugar.
3. Cranberries, like grapes, contain resveratrol which, according to research, decreases the risk of developing cancer.
4. To prevent diabetes! Cranberries contain quercetin, which promotes better insulin sensitivity.
5. Cranberries contain polyphenols, which help lower cholesterol.
If you’ve ever stained your clothes while eating cherries, you know that you’ll never get those spots out. As irritating as it can be in the case of ruined garments, the strong color that stubbornly stays put is proof of the powerful antioxidants contained in cherries—antioxidants that strengthen the immune system and bolster your body’s ability to create super health,
healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT CHERRIES
1. For their anti-inflammatory effect! Cherries are one of the berries that are richest in antioxidants.
2. To suffer less post-workout agony! According to research, the antioxidants in cherries can actually prevent exercise pain.
3. To banish that headache! Compounds in cherries can help prevent headache and migraine.
4. To strengthen your kidneys. Cherries lower levels of uric acid in the body.
5. For suppler joints! Uric acid in the body can be detrimental to our joints. Cherries lower the levels of uric acid.
Buckwheat comes in many forms: whole and unhulled, hulled, as flakes, and as flour. It’s the hulled buckwheat you should use in my recipes. Buckwheat does require a bit of preparation; in order to absorb all the health benefits from buckwheat, we need to soak it and sprout it a little. It isn’t complicated—it just needs to become a new habit. There’s nothing to it; it’s like doing a dance: once you’ve become used to soaking and sprouting, your life dance will become far more efficient. Buckwheat is an herbal knot grass and is naturally gluten-free, healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT BUCKWHEAT
1. Buckwheat contains all the essential amino acids which are great for you when you’re working out.
2. This herb contains slow-release carbohydrates, which provide steady stamina and energy throughout the day.
3. You’ll be better-tempered! Your mood will even out due to the slow carbohydrates.
4. Buckwheat provides the gut with fiber to work with, with-out overdoing it. It lies softly, like cotton, in your stomach.
5. It protects the heart. Research shows that buckwheat protects against high cholesterol, which in turn can lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Gluten can irritate the lining of the stomach and lead to inflammation, which in turn can cause a leaky gut, a gassy and bloated abdomen, mood swings, and achy joints.
You can buy oats as flakes or as groats. Naked oats, an older version of oats, have a higher nutrient density than regular oats. The healthiest way to use them is to soak the whole groats overnight and then sprout them for a few days; that way you keep the ‘rawness’ in the oats. Add them to salads and chia puddings, or mix them into a smoothie.
Oat flakes or oat grains are rolled and flattened oat groats, and the kernels may have been heated in the process. There is a ‘raw’ grain that has been cold-rolled instead of steam processed, allowing all nutrients to be preserved. By all means, try out the cold-processed oats if you can find them.
Heads up! Soak grains that are going to be eaten raw to remove what are called enzyme inhibitors, which can prevent the body from absorbing calcium, magnesium, iron, and zinc, healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT OATS
1. The Vitamin E in oats kills inflammation in the body.
2. Raw oats make you fill full for longer.
3. Vitamin E, which is a natural antioxidant, fights free radicals, and protects your heart and vessels.
4. You become more even-tempered! Water-soluble fiber helps stabilize both blood sugar and mood.
5. It’s perfect training food, because oats contain highly nutritious, quality protein.
15. HEMP POWDER/HEMP SEED (if hulled: HEMP HEARTS)
Hemp is truly an all-purpose raw product. It provides us with many things, including clothing, paper, oil, seeds, powder, and hulled seeds (hearts). It’s widely used as a food source, too. You can sprinkle hemp seeds over a salad, make tasty hemp mylk, or boost the protein content of your energy bars and smoothies with hemp powder. If you’re looking for a really good oil supplement, hemp oil is a fantastic option, healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT HEMP PRODUCTS
1. Develop stronger muscles. Hemp contains all the essential amino acids needed for increased muscle growth.
2. Get radiant hair and skin! We have to lubricate our body from the inside; good fats impart a fresh glow to both hair and skin.
3. The fatty acid combination found in hemp products has a positive effect on our cognitive function.
4. The fatty acids Omega 3, 6, and 9 in hemp seeds help to lubricate our blood vessels and keep them in good working order.
5. They hasten recovery. In order to train we must also be able to recover, and hemp helps us with our exercise load and as well as our ability to recover after physical exertion.
We typically find almonds in the nut category, even though it is in fact a stone fruit—a drupe—with a seed inside. Whatever we call them, they’re delicious! And healthy! You can make mylk and almond butter, and you can use them as a base for balls and bars, or in raw food burgers and crackers.
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT ALMONDS
1. They protect the body’s cells. The Vitamin E in almonds prolongs the lifespan of body cells.
2. The good fats in almonds have a positive impact on our hormonal system because they contain the amino acid tryptophan, which is needed to produce serotonin.
3. Almonds contain polyphenols that lower cholesterol, which in turn lowers the risk for cardiovascular disease.
4. Calcium strengthens our bones and teeth; you’ll get lots of calcium in almonds.
5. Almonds strengthen the immune system! The mineral zinc reinforces the body’s immune system.
17. CHIA SEEDS
Chia seeds were a staple food of the Mayan culture; they were consumed first and foremost before long treks and prior to going into battle. Chia seeds came to our attention and became popular in today’s Western world thanks to a book on running. Since then, chia seeds have found their way to—and feel right at home in—most pantries; one year ‘chia pudding’ topped the list of most-frequently Googled terms. Maybe you’ve noticed how good they make you feel? See below to learn more about all their beneficial effects and you’ll understand why!
I really only have one recommendation when it comes to chia seeds, and that is: eat them! Keep the amount to about 3 tablespoons per day, and don’t forget that the seeds increase 5 to 10 times in volume once they come into contact with liquids, so it’s preferable to soak them before eating them.
I always bring chia seeds with me on my travels. They’re so easy to just mix into a cup of tea, a glass of juice, or in a smoothie. They keep me satiated for a good long while and provide me with lots of nutrition ,healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT CHIA SEEDS
1. One product of the combination of nutrients present in chia seeds is stronger nails and great hair!
2. Chia seeds are also jokingly referred to as ’the dieter’s best friend,’ since they provide ample satiety despite their low calorie content.
3. They’re small seeds packed with all the essential amino acids, fatty acids, antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and minerals—small and complete!
4. The digestive system is happy thanks to their fiber content and the gel they develop.
5. The water-soluble fibers in chia seeds make them absorb about 10 times their own weight in water, which helps balance out blood sugar.
18. COCONUT OIL
The different parts of the coconut palm—fruits, leaves, sap, and flowers—provide us with plenty of food. We get coconut flour, coconut milk, coconut cream, shredded coconut, coconut butter, coconut oil, coconut syrup, coconut palm sugar, coconut alcohol, coconut water, and coconut flakes—all from the same tree. Even the trunk and the leaves play separate but important functions in daily life in countries where the palms grow.
All the different coconut products have different nutritional profiles. It is very simple to add coconut oil to your daily diet, and it can be used in both cooking and baking ,healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT COCONUT OIL
1. The fatty acids in coconut oil suppress viruses.
2. The medium-chain fatty acids in coconut oil have an antimicrobial effect on different fungal diseases that can occur in the body.
3. Bacteria does not like coconut oil, so the oil is antibacterial. Take some oil as a preventive measure, or increase your dose if you’re sick.
4. The fat in coconut oil raises our metabolism of fat and stabilizes our weight. A tablespoon of oil can quell cravings for sweets in the afternoon.
5. Coconut oil has a probiotic effect and strengthens the intestinal flora.
A teaspoon of honey can replace what would have been a bag of candy or other sweets. Honey contains saccharose—sucrose—but you also get added nutrients: vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals. Thanks to an enzyme provided by the honeybees, sucrose is transformed into fructose and glucose. Enjoy the honey without heating it up, or you will lose all its nutrients. If you add honey to your tea, the tea’s temperature should not exceed 95°F–104°F (35°C–40°C).
Vegans who eat honey are called beegans. However, you can replace honey with yacon, maple syrup, or agave syrup if you wish to avoid honey.
Bee pollen is flower pollen caught on the back legs of bees. Bee pollen is considered the most nutrient-dense food of all; it even accompanies astronauts into space ,healthy food .
TOP 5 REASON WHY YOU SHOULD EAT HONEY
1. Honey boosts our health—it contains lactic acid bacteria, which is good for our intestines.
2. It’s good after a workout! Instead of an energy drink, honey can help us restore our body’s balance.
3. Honey contributes to more restful sleep. Research has shown that if you ingest 2–4 teaspoons of honey before going to bed, you experience better recovery and have lower levels of stress hormones when you wake up.
4. Honey is referred to as nature’s own antibiotic. It has great antibacterial properties and is a cough suppressant.
5. Honey is a natural beauty product; making your own face mask with honey is both fun and tasty. Research has also shown that sores heal faster when honey has been applied.
It’s good to fortify yourself with superfoods during menopause, as they will help balance out your hormonal changes. Maca powder and cacao powder are beneficial due to their antioxidant and mineral content, and leafy greens are rich in the mineral magnesium, which affects the hormonal system. It’s also important to consume raw ingredients that are rich in Vitamins B and C.
20. MACA POWDER
Maca powder is an adaptogen. The root from which the powder is extracted can survive the cold, heat, floods, and droughts. And just as it can adapt to different climates, it can also adapt to the preconditions we humans exhibit. It can help balance the hormonal and nervous systems to enable us to handle the stress that external factors can create within us, healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT MACA POWDER
1. Maca is rich in zinc, which affects our hormonal balance and our sex drive; the latter effect is the reason why maca’s nickname is “Peruvian Viagra.”
2. It provides a kick! Maca can give you a real jolt of energy, so bear that in mind if you take it at night.
3. Maca can help you improve in whatever you’re trying to achieve.
4. You can use maca to stimulate your recovery after training.
5. Since maca is an adaptogen, it can help you think more clearly and keenly.
21. RAW CACAO POWDER
Regular cocoa or raw cacao powder? What’s the difference, really? If you have a package of each item in front of you, you can easily tell one from the other. If you’ve begun using raw cacao powder in balls, bars, smoothies, and mylkshakes, you will have noticed the smoothness and soft flavor it imparts. From a nutritional standpoint, all the antioxidants and fatty acids are preserved in the raw cacao.
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT RAW CACAO
1. You will feel happier! The amino acid tryptophan, which affects serotonin levels and can make us feel cheery, is found in cacao.
2. Cacao is rich in magnesium, a mineral that makes us feel more relaxed.
3. Cacao is one of the world’s principal sources of antioxidants, and is therefore considered a rejuvenating food.
4. Cacao is rich in iron, which is especially important for women in their childbearing years.
5. It gives you pep! Cacao powder contains caffeine, but at a low dose—approximately 1/20th of that of coffee.
Sauerkraut is like a real miracle worker for your health and well-being. As little as a tablespoon per day can affect your health in positive ways. It’s easier than you think to make sauerkraut at home. Fermentation is a biological process that preserves and increases the vital processes in food and bacteria. You can easily find information online on how to ferment food.
Sauerkraut juice can be bought in cartons, to be used as complement to sauerkraut or instead of it—if you don’t like sauerkraut. Drink a glass of the juice before your meal to improve the absorption of your food, and to increase the amount of good bacteria in your intestines ,healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT SAUERKRAUT
1. It’s easy to digest! Regular cabbage can be real tough for the stomach to break down, whereas with sauerkraut, digestion has already started through fermentation.
2. It helps fight infections. Your immune system will be more powerful if you have good bacterial flora in your digestive tract.
3. Cabbage is known for its high Vitamin C content; sauerkraut contains even more of it.
4. It’s affordable! It’s one of the cheapest superfoods you can eat and prepare at home.
5. In Russia, lactic fermentation belongs to their sources of rejuvenation—their “fountain of youth.” Let sauerkraut become your source of rejuvenation, too.
Algae are one of the most nutritionally dense raw ingredients on Earth, and they’re extremely good for you.
Algae are also an environmentally sound source of protein. Spirulina and Chlorella are called miracle algae because they contain lots of cholorphyll, vitamins, and minerals; they even help to stabilize blood sugar and can blunt cravings for sweets. They can be found in powder and in pill form
,healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT ALGAE
1. They rid the body of dangerous heavy metals. Alginates in the algae detoxify the body.
2. Algae are rich in Vitamin Bs, which are good for proper nervous system function.
3. It’s a great workout food! Algae are high in protein.
4. Do you suffer from hypothyroidism? Algae contain a natural form of iodine.
5. They’re rich in minerals! Iron, copper, and magnesium are vital minerals for us. They make us more alert, protect our cells, and have a positive effect on our muscles and nerves.
A sprinkling of cinnamon on your cereal? Cinnamon has so many other benefits besides adding nice flavor that it gives us all the more reason to sprinkle more of it and more often than just over our oatmeal. Cinnamon is harvested by hand, and a special technique is used to peel the bark from its trunk. Cinnamon varies widely in quality and taste; the best comes from Sri Lanka (Ceylon), and is sweet and flavorful. It’s recommended that you consume at least one teaspoon of cinnamon per day. Add it to your food or mix it into your drink, healthy food !
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT CINNAMON
1. Cinnamon warms you and improves your body’s circulation.
2. It reduces urges for sweets! A cup of cinnamon tea kills the craving and balances blood sugar.
3. Cinnamon enhances the taste of sweet, so you can use less sweetener.
4. It keeps you healthy! Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants that strengthen the immune system.
5. Cinnamon stimulates the digestion.
25. GREEN TEA & MATCHA TEA
Matcha tea comes from Japan. It’s made from the very first tender leaves of the tea plant, which are dried and then ground by stone grinding wheels. Matcha contains more antioxidants and chlorophyll than regular green tea. Green tea may be regarded as cleansing, and so it’s best to drink it early or later in the morning. If you cold brew your tea, the amount of caffeine will be less and there won’t be any acrid or bitter taste. You can’t cold brew Matcha tea like regular green tea leaves ,healthy food .
TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD DRINK GREEN TEA AND MATCHA TEA
1. They boost your health with lots of antioxidants.
2. They contain catechins, which are said to prevent cancer.
3. They speed up metabolism!
4. They make you more alert—but not due to any unnecessary caffeine. Matcha does have a higher caffeine content than regular green tea.
5. Green tea can have a positive impact on weight loss, primarily yerba mate, a South American herb that helps curtail hunger pangs.