Let’s face it—getting your fast food fix on is simply too much work when you have to make two stops. Fries and tacos mash up in one cheesy skillet to achieve snacking perfection. Bonus: You get to serve them right in the skillet!
OVEN-BAKED FRENCH FRIES
2 russet potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon dried oregano
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
½ cup fresh orange juice
½ cup fresh lime juice
½ pound flank steak
1 tablespoon canola oil
½ cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
Fresh cilantro leaves
Cotija cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut potatoes into wedges. In a large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and paprika until each fry is fully coated. Place the fries on the baking sheet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the fries are crispy and golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, combine the salt, pepper, chili powder, oregano, garlic, cilantro, orange juice, and lime juice. Add the flank steak and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet with the canola oil. Cook the steak for 3 minutes on both sides for a medium
- cooked steak. Remove the steak and let it rest for 10 minutes before dicing.
- In an ovenproof skillet, place the baked french fries, Pepper Jack cheese, and diced carne asada, then broil until the cheese is melted.
- Before serving, top with sour cream, guacamole, diced tomatoes, cilantro, and grated cotija cheese.